Hobby Airport serves domestic destinations and has seen significant increases in passenger numbers over the past two years. With 9.84 million travelers in 2011, there is a good chance it will hit the record 10 million mark in 2012.
|Southwest flies out of Hobby Airport|
WI-FI internet, retail stores, and more than 12 food and beverage outlets ensure a pleasant visit. Visitor information centers as well as ADA amenities are also available.
Airlines serving Hobby Airport are AirTran Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airways, and Southwest Airlines.
Hobby Airport is located about 11 miles south of Downtown and offers various transport options.
Taxis are available at Curb Zone 3 outside of the baggage claim area in the lower level.
All destinations within Houston city limits are charged according to the zone or meter rate, whichever is less.
Approximate fares from HOU are:
- $30 to downtown area
- $36 to Medical Center/Reliant Park
- $65 to Galleria
- $75 to Bush Intercontinental Airport
- There is a late night surcharge of $1 per trip (8pm-6am)
The following rental car agencies have counters at Hobby Airport:
This shared-ride service transports travelers to and from their private address, office or hotel.
It takes longer than a taxi due to more frequent stops but may be more affordable, especially if travelling alone. Private limousines are also available.
For fare quotes and reservations go to www.supershuttle.com
Various hotels and motels offer courtesy vans to their properties. You can use the courtesy telephones in the baggage claim area to request a pick-up.
Public METRO buses
The public bus route 88 serves HOU and downtown locations. Service runs Monday through Saturday, from approximately 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. To check schedules and plan your trip, go to www.tripplanner.ridemetro.org
- 11 miles from Downtown Houston
- One of Southwest Airlines’ largest hubs
- Nonstop service to more than 35 destinations throughout the U.S.
- Ranked 40th in the U.S. for total passenger traffic
- Ranked 150th in the world in total passenger traffic (out of 1336 ranked airports or in the top 11.2% range by total airport rankings)
- Acquired by the City of Houston in 1937
- Rated among the top five performing airports in the world by Airports Council International (2009)
- Ranked No. 2 for customer satisfaction among small North American airports in a study by J.D. Power and Associates (2008)
Houston’s Top five carriers and number of flights
- The new United – 4,238 weekly departures
- Southwest – 890 weekly departures
- Delta – 220 weekly departures
- American – 137 weekly departures
- US Airways – 93 weekly departures
Flight Times to Houston From Key Destinations
|Albuquerque||2:05 hrs.||Minneapolis||2:40 hrs.|
|Atlanta||1:50 hrs.||New Orleans||1:00 hrs.|
|Boston||3:40 hrs.||New York City||3:20 hrs.|
|Chicago||2:25 hrs.||Philadelphia||3:10 hrs.|
|Cleveland||2:35 hrs.||Phoenix||2:40 hrs.|
|Dallas/Ft. Worth||30 min.||San Diego||3:20 hrs.|
|Denver||2:20 hrs.||San Francisco||4:10 hrs.|
|Los Angeles||3:30 hrs.||Seattle||4:30 hrs.|
|Miami||2:20 hrs.||Washington, D.C.|